PE Grant and Sport Funding Statement 2020-2021
Department for Education Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium:
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE at Rockmount Primary School. The focus of spending should lead to long lasting impact against the vision (above) that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
Rockmount Primary School will see an improvement in PE and sport provision against
the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport