PE Grant and Sport Funding Statement
Department for Education Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium:
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To improve the health and wellbeing of pupils through engagement in a high quality PE, Sport and Fitness curriculum.
Rockmount Primary School will see an improvement in PE and sport provision against
the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport