20.4.20 - 'The Bear, the piano, the dog and the fiddle' - Read by Miss Carvall
27.04.20 - 'The Snail and the Whale' - Read by Miss Carvall
Questions you may want to ask during a story:
- Where does the story take place?
- When did the story take place?
- What did he/she look like? Where did he/she live?
- Who are the key characters in the book? What happened in the story?
- What kinds of people are in the story? What is happening at this point in the story? Read the part that tells me.........
- Where did you find the information about.....?
- Were you surprised by the ending?
- How did you think it would end/should have ended?
- How are the beginning and ending of the story similar?
- What would happen if the order of events was changed?
- What kind of a text is this? How do you know? What will it be like? What can I expect of a book of this type?
- List the words that tell you what order to follow eg first, then. What is the main event of the story? Why do you think this? What is the purpose of the pictures?